Control-M for Database - Variable value as an exit code

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
juliano_jardim
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M for Database - Variable value as an exit code

Post by juliano_jardim » 30 Nov 2015 2:28

Hi all.

I'm trying to schedule a job using cm for database which calls an oracle function, but whenever I run it, the job always get an "Ended OK" status in return. The thing is, aparently this function doesn't use a raise application error to exit with an appropriate return code... just return a char value, so I need to load the value returned by the function into a variable.
Function_Screen.png
Job Settings
Function_Screen.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 9156 times
Job Settings
Job Settings
Function_Screen.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 9156 times
What I'm trying to do is use this variable, where I have loaded the value returned, as an exit code for the job. However, there's no option to do so on the "on/do actions"... I even tried using the statement/code option, but it didn't work as well.

Any help about this?

Control-M version: 8
CM for Database version: 7

Thanks in advance.

sharonc
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Control-M for Database - Variable value as an exit code

Post by sharonc » 11 Jan 2016 6:19

Hi Juliano

You can set up your stored proc to have input and output parameters... and in the job definition GUI screen, set your variables, under the 'Variable' column.
The output of the stored proc, will be stored in that variable name that you give it.
You can then use that variable name in an ON statement to perform further actions depending on the result.
I've attached a screen shot, as an example, hopefully it has uploaded and can be seen in this post.

hope that helps...

regards
Sharon Chu
Attachments
screenshot_DB_job_def.png
exampl_screenshot_DB_job_def
screenshot_DB_job_def.png (40.1 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
screenshot_DB_job_def.png (40.1 KiB) Viewed 6815 times