Filtering Hierarchy levels in Self-Service 7.0

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
MaheshDude
Nouveau
Nouveau

Filtering Hierarchy levels in Self-Service 7.0

Post by MaheshDude » 17 Sep 2014 5:38

Hi Folks,

I am using BMC Control-M Self-Service version 7.0.0.600 and also using the Smart Table hierarchy structure in my Control-M Enterprise Manager jobs flow.

When i visualize the heirarchy levels in Self-Service, its exactly the same like how i see it in Enterprise Manger window.

Is their a filter or settings in Self-Service URL which can allow drilled down view only to few levels and stop further viewing till the last level i.e till job level because i don't want the end user who uses this Self-Service URL go and edit any jobs.

Thanks in advance,
Mahesh

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Filtering Hierarchy levels in Self-Service 7.0

Post by fyot » 17 Sep 2014 10:11

Hi Manesh

If you want something like SelfService with possibilities to select hierarchy and other type of columns,
you must see the following product, APS Manager.

Go to see this APS Manager for Control-M

gglau
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by gglau » 23 Sep 2014 1:30

The same set of EM authorizations applies whether user comes in through EMGUI or Self Service web page. It is not necessary to disable update in Self Service. If a user is not permitted to update, user cannot save the changes. On the other hand, you can disable Update option in Self Service by setting a EM parameter. This however applies to all users regardless of their permissions.

MaheshDude
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by MaheshDude » 23 Sep 2014 12:13

That's really true, But please let me know, how can i set the disable option for any User either in EM or Self-Service and can stop drilling down lower hierarchy levels.
For ex : End user can only possible to drill down the Application level and no further.

I have tried the Authorizations steps as below from EMGUI using Admin ID.

EMGUI > Tools > Authorizations > Group ( in Authorizations tab) > Selected a group name > Active tab ( in group Authorizations window) > Actions - Unchecked all options Like Browse, control, Update.

Also in Filter, i added only Application level as Application=*;

But it didn't worked for me.

Please let me know if i missed any steps here. I have attached the snapshot of Authorization steps which i tried.

Attachments
Snapshot.jpg
Snapshot.jpg (112.44 KiB) Viewed 8075 times
Snapshot.jpg
Snapshot.jpg (112.44 KiB) Viewed 8075 times