Control-M version 8 “View all archived viewpoints”

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
Gerhard
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M version 8 “View all archived viewpoints”

Post by Gerhard » 25 Apr 2013 11:40

Hi,
I have a customer that recently upgraded to Control-M version 8 running on Linux machine (Suse 11).

The customer is running 9 Control-M/Server’s on various platforms. When they go into the HISTORY panel on version 8 and want to display the “View all archived viewpoints” information on the servers, it only displays a list of 14 entries, without the possibility to scroll down. There are at least 18 entries that should be displayed, but there is no scrolling down option.

Within the “View archived viewpoints of the previous day” they all do show, as it is only for one day, 9 entries.

We did try creating different viewpoints without success. Does anyone know of a possible way for scrolling down on this screen? (Also tried Page Down, or down arrow). :roll:

Hope someone can help. :?:

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 25 Apr 2013 9:59

Hi

I never saw that problem.
Anyway Archive Viewpoint depends on different old net available.

I had several issue to display all jobs with Archive viewpoint.

Using APS Manager for Control-M, I had opportunity to display jobs from previous days without any problem, and without problem about number of gateway.

I don't know if it could be help you, but you should test it.
it's possible to test it free for 30 days.

You will find link on the main page of that site.

nicke
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicke » 03 May 2013 8:59

Hi!

Have you checked the EM System Parameter MaxOldDay? I guess you might already have configured it correctly, but I had a similiar problem as you but then when I increased it in version 8 the list of availble archived viewpoints in the History panel got extended with all the old archives that I wanted. The Gateway needs to be recyled for the new parameter to take affect.

Just a guess what might cause your problem... :roll:

calebts
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by calebts » 20 Aug 2013 6:54

I just had the same problem.

It is not caused by any configuration parameters, it seems to just be a design flaw in the GUI. The older history entries are there, and they are on the page, they just can't be seen as the page can only be made so long and there is no scroll bar.

The only way that I could find around it is to "Tab" until the fist entry in the list of archived viewpoints is highlighted and then use the down arrow until you are off the bottom of the screen. You'll then have to count how many key presses until you think you are on the correct entry.

Seems to be a pretty bad design flaw.