SNA_UDLY job

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
ppraveen
Nouveau
Nouveau

SNA_UDLY job

Post by ppraveen » 12 Nov 2012 9:32

Hi All,
I have a query on SNA_UDLY.
There is a command based job created with the name as SNA_UDLY and its command is "ctmudly -DAILY_NAME %%JOBNAME -odate_option run_date".
And this job is applied for all the jobs which runs on weekday and weekends.but for weekends jobs calender has created to run on every friday, with maxwait as 3,but all the weekends jobs are loading only on saturdays only, not on fridays.
I guess i need to understand the below command
ctmudly -DAILY_NAME %%JOBNAME -odate_option run_date.
Could anyone explain about this ...

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 13 Nov 2012 12:29

Why use the ctmudly command for this type of problems?

Use the scheduling tab also with jobs in scheduling (/smart) tables with different calendars and schedulation if the scheduling problem is more complex.

So you can use the forecast to control and simulate the schedulations, be sure to results, etc.

Regards

ppraveen
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ppraveen » 15 Nov 2012 12:37

Thanks soo much chookgate and mauriziog.
Chookgate: i understood the concept of the command by now,this perfectly applicables to the weekday jobs which has ESt time zone but the default is GMT, in this case jobs are getting ordered and waiting for the EST time to run where-ever its has defined.
But all weekend jobs are defined in default timezone(i.e GMT) still i could not understand, its loading only on saturday and sunday only, even its schedule criteria is set to run only on friday (defined in the calender)

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 16 Nov 2012 10:37

Is difficult without the flow draft and related calendars and schedulation to understad the problem.
If you have forecast try to simulate and replicate the scheduling situation.

ThePirate
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ThePirate » 26 Nov 2012 9:43

This may not be the issue but it is worth a look. My New Day is at 17:00. So if I want jobs to run Mon thru Fri MORNINGS, I have to schedule to order on Sun thru Thur. My weekend jobs are scheduled on Fri and/or Sat.