EM Configuration Agent Not Available

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
GregE
Nouveau
Nouveau

EM Configuration Agent Not Available

Post by GregE » 02 Nov 2011 10:58

I have just installed a new CM/EM 6.3.01 (on Solaris 10) server for a migration. Where can I check more settings? The process "ecs.maintag" is running, and root_menu shows that the EM config agent is running. I can start and stop it.

...but in my Control/M Configuration Manager (GUI) I have several components......GAS, GUI Server, GCS, and Forecast Server. Each shows "EM Configuration Agent Not Available."

I am no CM/EM expert. Can anyone steer me to possible settings I am missing? I have compared everything I know to our production environment. This is a build that will be replacing the production environment in 3 weeks.

Thanks.

KAYYDEEE
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by KAYYDEEE » 03 Nov 2011 12:49

The database server and CONTROL-M/Server should be running at all times on the primary server platform. It is recommended that they should be started at system startup time. You can modify the startup procedure to ensure that the database server, CONTROL-M/Server, and the CONTROL-M/Server Configuration Agent are started during system startup. The command to copy the necessary startup instructions to your system startup directory is

cp<ctmHome>/ctm_server/data/rc.<controlmUser>/etc/rc2.d/S98<controlmUser>

ctmhome - home directory where CTM is
controlmuser -controlm userID eg: ctm63

GregE
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by GregE » 03 Nov 2011 3:52

Thank you. Everything is running. The database is always running, but it's on a different physical machine from the CM/EM installation. We use our existing Oracle DB environment. Is that a problem?

The server that it is on, has a live CM Server and EM running, with that one having it's own database on that same server.

Is there a problem with this test database being on a different server than the CM Server / EM installation? If not, is there a problem that this test database is on a server which also runs a totally separate live CM Server / EM and Oracle DB for that live installation?