GLOBAL CONDITIONS REPLICATION PROBLEM.

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
Vianney
Nouveau
Nouveau

GLOBAL CONDITIONS REPLICATION PROBLEM.

Post by Vianney » 30 Dec 2010 4:46

Hi,

Anybody experienced the problem of Global condition STAT not replicating correctly between OPEN and MVS environnement ??

Most of the time everything is working fine.. but from time to time one of the CTRL-M Server (open or MVS) won't have the same state of the condition..

example :

create a Global condition (or prefix is S3 (for example))

S3-TEST-OK STAT

if you create it either under open envirionnement or MVS the condition will (should) replicate.

now delete it...

recreate
re-delete
re-create
re-delete...

we have jobs that are submited on demande and that works with that STAT condition...

eventually .. the condition won't delete or be create on both environnement...

so ... i wonder :

1) is there a way to check that the global condition are currently present in all the replicated environnements.

2) is there a turn around for this problem ? ... (though it seems that it's only occuring with condition of the same name and STAT all other replicated condition will still replicate correctly)

thanks for any feedback

V.

rchkevin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rchkevin » 31 Dec 2010 7:27

Hi,

Please refer to the GCS Logs to find any specific error messages related to passing STAT conditions.

Vianney
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Vianney » 03 Jan 2011 2:27

I'll be at work tomorrow, i'll check again thoses logs but nothing appeared to my eyes last time i've checked

What if i don't see any error message ? :s

V.

rchkevin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rchkevin » 04 Jan 2011 5:03

Enable Debug on GCS. Review GCS* logs to understand what happens when Global conditions are received or transfered.

jdj420
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by jdj420 » 05 Jan 2011 6:43

i have had a very similar issue for a long time now. the only thing i ever come across in the GCS log is that the mainframe times out responding back to the GCS. the only thing documented by BMC is that if the condition is added/deleted/added to closely that it would cause an issue.