How to install Reporting Facility in CONTROL-M envoirnement.

A lot of scripts ans example to extract information from Control-M tools.
dograv

How to install Reporting Facility in CONTROL-M envoirnement.

Post by dograv » 24 Jun 2008 2:29

I have Control-M server/EM running in my setup and i want to install & configure/enable reporting facility.

Need help with the approach/setup steps and best practicies.

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 24 Jun 2008 4:18

which version?

it's just about installing Client Components on Windows machine. That's all.

or?

dograv

Post by dograv » 25 Jun 2008 6:25

Version is 6.3 and when i try to install it on Windows XP system it's looking for BMC oracle installation, where as i have installed standard oracle 10g client.
The installation wizard does not move beyond the database selection screen.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 27 Jun 2008 3:55

Use the Oracle client and try to connect to the CTM\EM DB.
Is a DB connection problem, so try the connection before running the setup.

mgcorona
Nouveau
Nouveau

I have the same problem

Post by mgcorona » 22 Oct 2009 4:45

I have the same problem, but the conection with the data base server is setup, anyway, i can't install report facility cause it can't see oracle... so, what is wrong?, i've installed oracle several times to ensure that is correct, but instalation always stops in same point.... is a way to "skip" this point and set up communication once report facility is installed?

Please help me!!!, i have weeks with this problem...

Cheers

Admin007

Reporting Facility and Oracle

Post by Admin007 » 23 Oct 2009 9:14

Are you installing a 6.3.01 GUI client including the Reporting Facility. If so, you need to install the Oracle client that is shipped with the Control-M/Enterprise Manager database component installer CD. (Please ensure you run the correct installer because the standard installer is there as well). The Reporting Facility can only be installed when the EM installer detects the customized oracle client that is on the CD. If you're doing a full install you may also get similar if the database component has not been installed.

Bowwow
Nouveau
Nouveau

Re: Reporting Facility and Oracle

Post by Bowwow » 29 Jun 2010 10:58

Admin007 wrote:Are you installing a 6.3.01 GUI client including the Reporting Facility. If so, you need to install the Oracle client that is shipped with the Control-M/Enterprise Manager database component installer CD. (Please ensure you run the correct installer because the standard installer is there as well). The Reporting Facility can only be installed when the EM installer detects the customized oracle client that is on the CD. If you're doing a full install you may also get similar if the database component has not been installed.
Hi Admin007, I have problem installing Report Facility with EM client too. But my database is MS SQL. Is there any work around?