Control-M Calendars - XML Extract of all calendars /Jobs

A lot of scripts ans example to extract information from Control-M tools.
kijenketile
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M Calendars - XML Extract of all calendars /Jobs

Post by kijenketile » 11 Mar 2010 4:47

Hi,

Is there a way to get an XML extract of all the calendars from a Control-M Datacenter. I would also be interested in knowing how to do the same for all the jobs within a datacenter.

I need to get an extract and send it out to a thirdparty vendor, but I am not keen on how to do it. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

Nyasani

hipikll

Post by hipikll » 12 Mar 2010 12:17

see manual. look for somethink like:
ctmexportcalendar
ctmexporttable

(i do not know exact name of utilities, and it is too late to open doc myself :) )

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 12 Mar 2010 10:11

kijenketile,

The best is to use the EM export utilities.

First, tailor an xml arg file, lets' call it "export_all.arg", as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TERMS SYSTEM "terms.dtd">
<TERMS>
<TERM>
<PARAM NAME="DATACENTER" OP="EQ" VALUE="MY_DATACENTER"/>
</TERM>
</TERMS>

Just change the datacenter name .

Then invoke the export utility as follows:

exportdefcal -u <emuser> -p <empass> -s<GUI_server> -arg export_all.arg -out export_all_CALS.out

The <emuser>, <empass>, <GUI_server> values are the same as the ones you use when logging to the GUI or Desktop. Just note that if it is the em admin account, no problem, but if is is a standard user account, it must be authorised "cli".

The very same syntax and .arg file may be used to run the exportdeftable utility (just change the .out filename), which will download all your scheduling tables, Scheduling Groups and job definitions in one single xml file.

If you wish to export selected data, you must tailor the .arg file by adding additional selection criteria, as documented in the "Control-m Utilities" manual.
If you do so, you will need 2 different .arg files since the selection criteria other than DATACENTER are not the same for exportdeftable and exportdefcal.

Cheers
Nicolas Mulot