Actual Run Time for jobs.

A lot of scripts ans example to extract information from Control-M tools.
BreakFix
Nouveau
Nouveau

Actual Run Time for jobs.

Post by BreakFix » 16 Dec 2009 4:55

Hi Guru's.

I've been working with the Report Facility for some time but been unable to get a specific value out of it.

I need to know the 'Actual' run time for a job. At the moment I can see the Average run time but I need the last known run time. In sysout I can see some details but i can't get anything sensible output in the report.

Currently we can derive the actual runtime by calculating the start and end times but that is not automated which means I can't schedule the jobs.

'Elapsed time' gave some very strange results.

Any help would be gratefully received.

/BreakFix
xx

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 17 Dec 2009 11:44

use the ctmruninf controlm utility

regards
philmalmaison

BreakFix
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by BreakFix » 17 Dec 2009 2:47

Thanks Philmalmaison

This seems to do just the thing. It is a shame that these details can't be pulled from a report template but at least now I can provide the raw details.

Thanks again.

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 17 Dec 2009 9:11

i agree and imagine the verson number 7 to be more reliable with web interface. it seems to.

regards
philmalmaison

BreakFix
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by BreakFix » 17 Dec 2009 10:52

I did a bit more digging on this subject. My requirements are quite precise and my customer isn't in a compromising mood... :cry:

After exporting the details using CTMRUNINF I tried to compare the results with the 'elapsed time' field from the Reports Facility and found the results where the same but Report Facility returns the value in hundredths of a second... Silly...

For example the Report Facility returns '240400' which is converts hh:mm:ss to 00:40:07.

I'm guessing at this point I can't convert the value inside the Report Facility tool? Problem being I can't make an automated report if I have to edit the excel results. Who on earth can reasonably use hundredths of a second at a glance.

And annoyingly the CTMRUNINF's does a great job for capturing the details but the Job Name is limited to 10 characters, and I don't know about you but my naming conventions uses far more the 10 to describe a job...

Any advice would be helpful.

pankaja
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by pankaja » 23 Dec 2009 9:55

Hi there,
I had also a similar problem.
Gv me a kiss if you find a joy.

ejtoedtli
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by ejtoedtli » 23 Dec 2009 6:14

I have also found that the limitation on some of the ctm utilities to only show the first 10 characters of the job name to be a problem. I opened an issue with BMC on this and talked to a support person on the phone. I was told that most people use memname instead of jobname. I find this hard to believe and it absolutly will not work at my company.

I encourage anyone else that finds this 10 character limitation to be a problem to open a issue with BMC. If enough people complain maybe they will do something about it.

By the way, we are running Control-M 6.3.01 and are current on fix packs.