It is currently 24 Apr 2019 8:09

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018 10:06 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Hi

I'm fresh new to this forum, and a little to Control-M

i'm trying to set a smart folder to do some actions.
we have 3 different environment : 3 clones, with differentes names.

What i want to do, set a folder, which will always be launch manualy by the user
BUT : is it possible to ask the user some vars (or just the environment, and i can deduct the vars from it) on which the folder will execute ?

Things depend the environment
- servers
- users
- a file needed : need a specific ask

i'm open to suggestions doing this
Thanks

(sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018 11:24 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Hi

Send me a french message using private message
I will try to answer.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2019 5:09 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Fyot, i wrote you a personnal email last week, waiting for your reply, if you have an idea :)

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019 4:23 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Chico008 wrote:
Fyot, i wrote you a personnal email last week, waiting for your reply, if you have an idea :)

I am also not sure when to use variables on smart folder level and when on job level. Can you give some examples?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019 10:50 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Hi

Here is extract from Parameter Guide

A user-defined variable is created when it is assigned a value using the Variable Assignment parameter or the Do Variable parameter.
There are four types of variables to choose from when adding a variable to your job definition, either when defining a variable assignment or when you set a variable in an on do action:
▪ Local: Defines variables that can be used by other post-processing actions of the job, such as messages, do-action arguments, or the script itself in the next run.
▪ Global: Enables you to access the variables by its name which can be used by any job.
▪ Named Pool: Defines variables in a pool. The variable is referenced by the pool name - %%\\<named_pool>\<variable_name>.
If Named Pool is selected, the Pool Name field appears. In the Pool Name field, type the name of the pool.
You can use a local variable as a pool name which enables you to pass a pre-defined pool name to jobs at order time.
EXAMPLE:
Variables added to a job:
Type: Local Variable Name: localvar Value: val
Type: Named Pool Variable Name: namepool Pool Name: %%localvar Value: namval
After you order the job, the named pool variable resolves the localvar variable as the pool name of the named pool variable.
▪ Smart Folder: Enables other jobs in the folder to access the specified variable either in the script during the job run, or in post-processing.
NOTE: The SMART folder option in the Variable Type drop-down list appears when the job is included in the SMART folder.
User variables can also be defined for all jobs in a SMART Folder in the folder properties pane. For more information about assigning a value to a variable.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2019 1:42 
Nouveau
Nouveau

I figured out how to do, and have another questions (opening new subject) to other things

I finally managed to put a local variable in smart folder, and use it as a parameter for a script job
Also figured out how to manually put the value when manually ordering the smart folder