It is currently 25 Apr 2018 12:29

Post subject: Career in Control-M
PostPosted: 18 May 2012 5:50 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Hello All,

Can anyone help me out regarding the career options in control-m, as its more than one and a half years m working in an MNC company, i joined der as a fresher.
but currently m bit confused like what's my future in this technology, can someone please help me out onto this......
As earlier i had a talk with my Superiors they told that despite control-m is good but its not the technology by which the people are fully aware like there is a lesser probability and if you wanna grow further you need to do some other certifications available nowadays like Redhat, Oracle and all,
But now the scene is dat i want to pursue my career in control-m only coz if m switching onto other technologies like OS,DB2 it would take further more time to get experience and all and my current xperience will be wasted, means again i need to work there as a fresher get some more xperience, so please help me out onto this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! :?:

Post subject: Career in control-M
PostPosted: 29 May 2012 3:25 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Hi Friend,

U did not mention in the post that now u r working in monitoring(L1) or scheduling (L2) or Admin(L3).
There are 3 level of control-M technology.
If u learn Scheduling and Admin there are so many opportunities in india and abroad also.

I hope this information required.

U may check for more info abt control-m in www.bmc.com and search for Control-M.There are certification also there in control-M.

Regards,
Ram. :)

Post subject: Re: Career in control-M
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012 5:53 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Ramalakshman wrote:
Hi Friend,

U did not mention in the post that now u r working in monitoring(L1) or scheduling (L2) or Admin(L3).
There are 3 level of control-M technology.
If u learn Scheduling and Admin there are so many opportunities in india and abroad also.

I hope this information required.

U may check for more info abt control-m in www.bmc.com and search for Control-M.There are certification also there in control-M.

Regards,
Ram. :)

Hi Ram,

I am from India. Can you please advise me as well. I have been working on Control-M for 2years in a MNC company. I would like to know the career growth and certifications on Control-M scheduling tool. I do L1(monitoring) and L2 (scheduling) support on Control-M.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Career in Control-M
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012 11:49 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Cenation wrote:
Hello All,

Can anyone help me out regarding the career options in control-m, as its more than one and a half years m working in an MNC company, i joined der as a fresher.
but currently m bit confused like what's my future in this technology, can someone please help me out onto this......
As earlier i had a talk with my Superiors they told that despite control-m is good but its not the technology by which the people are fully aware like there is a lesser probability and if you wanna grow further you need to do some other certifications available nowadays like Redhat, Oracle and all,
But now the scene is dat i want to pursue my career in control-m only coz if m switching onto other technologies like OS,DB2 it would take further more time to get experience and all and my current xperience will be wasted, means again i need to work there as a fresher get some more xperience, so please help me out onto this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! :?:

Try to learn Control-m scheduling and administration (assuming u r at the L1 level now) by reading BMC manuals and if possible on job. See if u can get a test server where u can learn. I also went through the same dilemma, at start of my career, but am happy that I stuck to it, and working as Control-m Administrator now , and very happy :) with my profile and career. And yes you will have ample opportunities in India as well as abroad (especially US, UK and Germany). Its a very niche and growing field in India.