It is currently 13 Dec 2017 9:46

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2008 6:28 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Has anyone out there used the Business Process Integration Suite? I have a need to order,track Control-m jobs from my ASP.NET web application.
My company is using Control-M 6.3. E-trigger is no longer supported in version 6.3. Another option is to call the ctm command utilities however I would like to be able to call emapi directly. In any case, is using BPI suite to call web service an overkill in my case? I don't need a lot of other features like messaging. Also, BPI Suite is pretty pricey. I dunno whether my company will buy it. Any other solution options shared is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2008 2:47 
Nouveau
Nouveau

I've tried to use the BPI, but now I dont use it:
I develope a web interface in PHP that works very well also in an environment with ctm-open and ctm on MVS (ZOS).
With this interface a user can lauch jobs/flows in MVS...

I use ctm utilities and php+perl programming.

I think that the BPI is very usefull if you have a web server that use webservices, and with programming you can join contolm flows with exixting web programs (java, .net, etc.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009 3:40 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Thanks for the reply. I decide not to use the BPI Suite after i found out how much it costs. I end up writing a library that calls the ctm agent utilities to order/monitor jobs. The ASP.NET web application in turn uses my library to integrate online processing with the control-m batch job processing. It seems to be working fine except for the part about setting agent security to run as job definition's owner but that is another problem that I 've posted hoping for some pointers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2009 8:59 
Nouveau
Nouveau

hi all,
I don't have that much idea about business process integration but it will be achieve through web services...

Try out web services...

Intelemark

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014 8:30 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Business Process Integration (BPI) solutions are uniquely positioned to enable organizations to implement process improvements with a minimum of hassle. This is due to the comprehensive features covering all aspects of integration-related development.