The program works for Control-M V6,V7 and V8. To figure out the exact issue you are dealing, can you give me the exact error message you are getting.
Also below are the two methods to use the program,
If you have Control-M Enterprise manager installed in you machine and the jobs are loaded into the workspace then you can use this method. If you don't have jobs loaded into workspace then the program will complain that it didn't find the workflow.
1) Run export_to_html.exe by clicking on it or running it from command prompt (Recommended to run from command prompt)
2) During the first run, the application will search for ControlM Enterprise Manager so it may take some time. Please wait until you are prompted.
3) You will be promoted to enter ControlM GUI server name (you will be prompted only during your first run)
4) You will be prompted to enter the controlM server name where the workflows or folders are scheduled to run
5) Enter your Control-M Enterprise manager login credentials
6) You will be prompted to enter the Application name of the workflows (This is case sensitive so be careful)
7) You will be prompted to enter the location where the output file should be saved
After the successful run, you will find the html file exported to the location you specified.
If you have exported the xml files using exportdeftable utility then you can use this method.
1) If you already have the job xml file which was exported using the exportdeftablepath command then you can directly pass the file as the parameter
Example: export_to_html.exe -f c:\job.xml
2) Use -p option to generate additional png file
3) After the successful run, you will find the html file (and png, if -p is used) exported to the location you specified.
Please let me know if this works for you.