It is currently 16 Oct 2018 9:57

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011 4:22 
Nouveau
Nouveau

hey there,
AS400 is quite new to me. So I'm wondering, if it's possible to create a command job via ctmcreate with the following task: the job should run on an AS400 agent and read out a file (into it's own sysout). Any help or hint is highly appreciated! Thanks, Karin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011 4:29 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Define a sample AS400 job in Desktop and upload into Server. Then run "ctmexdef" to extract job definition to a file suitable for "ctmcreate". This file can be the template for your other similar jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011 5:08 
Nouveau
Nouveau

thanks gglau! good idea. the problem is, until now I do not have an active as400 system. I only need to know if it is possible to do the following: create a job with ctmcreate and copy the content of a file placed on as400 into the sysout of the created job. It is no problem to do this with a unix or windows agent, but I'm not so sure with an as400 agent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011 3:03 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Although AS400 agent is different from UNIX/Windows agent, the idea/mechanism remains the same. If you can use a command to display the content of a file within AS400, you can do that using Control-M job to capture the output in SYSOUT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011 9:47 
Nouveau
Nouveau

Thanks a lot! I'll check that out! :wink: Have fun, K.